For the past few months I have lurking on several sites on the topics “Making Money Online”, “Making Money with your Blog”, and other online marketing strategies. Inspired by Kumiko’s Cash Quest, I am going to start documenting my progress with all the different techniques\strategies put out by these so called Dot Com Moguls.
One of the top Dot Com Moguls, John Chow, had set some ground rules on obtaining Mogul status.
To be considered a Dot Com Mogul you must meet all the follow requirements:
- Your income is made from the Internet
- The minimum Internet income level is $10,000 per month (you can not add income from other sources to hit this $10K level)
- You have no jobs outside of the Internet
- You have a personal blog with your name as the domain name
- Your blog must be updated at least once per week
- A Google search of your name must be at the #1 spot
- You must be willing to help dot com mogul wannabes
As of April 1st, 2007. I can check off one from the list. I have my own domain and personal blog. Danny Dang Professional Poker player, watch your back! When you’re least expecting it, I will take over top spot on Google.
My Current Rankings:
- Feedburner Readers: 0
- Technorati ranking
- Alexa – N/A (I have to crack 100,000)
- Google Search Page: N/A (I gave up after page 30)
- Unique Visitors: 4-5 per day
Can I too become a Dot Com Mogul? Time will tell, so check back and watch the progress!